Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has fully launched and players worldwide are hopping into the campaign, multiplayer, and zombies for the first time. Tactical Stance is a fresh addition to the Call of Duty franchise, so you’ll want to know how to use it.
MW3 has seen a variety of movement changes and Tactical Stance is just one way you can get aggressive on the map.
Put Tactical Stance to good use in MW3
Sledgehammer Games themselves put it best when describing the new Tac-Stance mechanic:
- The operator unshoulders the weapon and holds it in a canted firing position.
- You can toggle in and out of Tac-Stance dynamically while aiming down sights.
- Tac-Stance trades precise accuracy for improved mobility and handling.
- Some spread to your firing will occur, best described as a middle ground between full ADS and hipfire.
- It is designed to be used in aggressive, close-quarter combat situations.
- By default, you fire in Tac-Stance while Sliding.
Tactical Stance is best used in close range fights, striking the perfect balance between mobility and accuracy. It can be toggled during a match by pressing down on your D-pad and it activates by default when you aim down sight while sliding.
It is possible to alter how you want Tactical Stance to activate, or you can turn it off completely. To do so, go to your in-game settings and navigate to the gameplay tab. Scroll down until you see “Tactical ADS Activation” and choose Aim + Melee, Aim + Down Button, or off.
Now you know how to use Tactical Stance in MW3, check out more Call of Duty news: